It’s time to GET SOCIAL.
To Social Media Camp, that is.
I’m super excited to be speaking at Social Media Camp 2012 in Victoria, B.C., once again!
I’m honored to say that this is my third year in a row as a speaker at this prestigious Social Media Conference in Canada. For the past two years, I’ve been both a featured speaker and also a session speaker, and for 2012 I’ll be presenting a Power Session, which for my session, will be my version of a hybrid between a speaking engagement and an interactive session where you can ask me lots of questions.
I will not be holding back any secrets as to exactly which apps I use, as well as any tips, tricks and techniques. That’s right, not holding any cards close to my chest. Why? Better images make for a more beautiful web, and in my opinion, increase your marketing power online. During my overflowing-with-content, action packed 45 minute session, you can ask me ‘almost’ anything to do with iPhone photography. (usually I hold a few cards close to my chest … but not this time … 🙂
What’s the biggest question that I get asked on a regular basis about iPhone Photography? (iPhoneography) “What app did you use? Which app is that?” I’ll answer those questions, AND explain why we need to find new questions to ask mobile photographers 🙂
Last year at Social Media Camp 2011, my session title was “I’ve got an iPhone, now what? Photography Apps and Social Media for Sharing Images” and it was standing room only!
Apparently for this year, there is limited space in the room for my Power Session, so please do arrive early because I’m eager to have FUN, share my passion with you for this exciting medium of mobile photography, and to share tips, tricks and techniques to inspire and encourage you to take even more great photos.
Photography and art make for a more beautiful web. Nowadays, cell phone cameras and iPhones are ‘one of’ the fastest way to create art and post to web, blogs and social networks.
SHOW. Like. Trust. Images sell.
iPhone Art and Photography for Social Media Marketing
Everything online is sold and marketed using text content and/or images.
iPhone and cell phone photography is growing at a rapid pace, not only as an artistic tool for creative expression, but as a viable tool to be used for business and marketing online via Social Media and image sharing.
- My creative tool of choice, and camera of choice for mobile photography is the iPhone (3G and 4s)
- I have 80+ art and photography apps. I’ll share my favorites.
- AND >> My session is open to ALL Mobile Phone Photographers. Although my session and demonstrations are based on using an iPhone, you Don’t have to have an iPhone to join in! If you are interested in creating cool images, please join me 🙂
- Top secret : Some people have even attended my session without even owning a cell phone. Shhhh. It’s all inclusive, everybody is welcome, it will be FUN.
- My presentation is loaded with iPhoneography examples from beginning to end, a visual display, with NO boring PowerPoint 🙂
- Get inspired, motivated and passionate about this exciting medium, to use it in your business (or for personal expression)
- As I also work as an ARTIST, I’m here to show you some techniques, that you can then apply to your own industry and images.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Brenda’s top 10 apps for improving iPhone images
- How you can use Brenda’s top 10 basic elements of fine art and design tips to improve your photos
- How to correct (or use for artistic effect) blurry and lifeless, “blah” photos
- How to use your mobile phone to create art-based marketing on the fly, real time, and where to share your images online
- How to create eye-catching cell phone photos that are even more creative, dramatic and that ‘pop’
So … GET SOCIAL.
Social Media Camp 2012
P.S. I’d like to extend my gratitude to Chris Burdge and Paul Holmes for giving me this opportunity to speak, and connect for two days at a stellar conference, with some of the brightest and best speakers, thinkers, online marketers, social media experts and eager learners. It’s going to be a good time!
— Brenda Johima