Here is what I recently posted to my personal FaceBook profile as a note. I’m hoping it may help some of you out there, who are searching also, for a way to deal with social media overwhelm for yourself, but also for those of us who do work online a lot, this may be a way (I am finding) to not overwhelm close family and friends (who may have no (zero) interest in my fascination and passion for a career in Social Media, they just want to see my photos or (YES!) hear what I ate for breakfast or lunch, or that I went to the swimming pool or to a music concert). It’s also a way to not overwhelm colleagues on my personal friend list who are already reading (too much) content online all day.
Hope this is of some help to you too:
Hi to all my friends and family. Thank you for connecting with me, and for staying connected, in whatever way we can. You matter. People matter. LOVE matters. Connection matters.
My FaceBook “friend” list is not a big list. It’s quite small actually. I have few friends (in comparison to some folks on FaceBook) and I’m 100% OK with that. I’m not a FaceBook friend collector.
If you are on my personal list, you really do matter to me. I want you here in my life, in some way, for some reason. We are meant to be connected. I’m not trying to gain hundreds or thousands of friends on FaceBook on my personal profile. If you are on my personal profile friend list, I have enlisted HUGE trust in you, to not break our trust. My FaceBook “friends” are real friends to me.
Now … I really like social media. A lot. And I like you even more. A lot more. In person and in real life.
If I can’t see you in person, I’d like to talk to you on the phone 1+ (250) 335 – 1195.
If we can’t make that happen for some reason, then we connect here on FaceBook, and in my opinion, this too, is real life. Online life and in person life, are both real to me, because I do choose to share my real and authentic self.
Did I say that I really like social media? I LOVE social media. I promote most of my business now, via Social Media. And would love for you to give me a hand in spreading the word.
I have created several FaceBook pages for business and would LOVE it if you would “like” them (many of you have, and Thank You SO Much!) So why so many pages? Here’s why:
- I Tweet a lot. I write a lot. I create a lot. I post a lot on FaceBook. For some folks, I know it’s too much. Too much overwhelm of content. And that’s OK. However, it’s who I am, and I like it. Sooooo, to make it easier for my friends and family (and business colleagues) you can choose which department(s) (I’m calling it compartmentalizing) most interest you. I would LOVE to have you join me in all of it, but I know everyone is different. This way you can choose only the parts of my life and business you really want to follow. For each account below, I post only information relevant to that target market/topic.
- I’ll be keeping my FaceBook personal profile posts for friends and family, pretty much, yep, more personal stuff. So if you don’t want to hear all that real stuff, and are more interested in business, you can un-friend me. My feelings won’t be hurt a bit 🙂 There are many many ways we can connect as you can see from my list below.
- I’m a self-professed multi-talented creative. Some people don’t believe one person can do it all. But I do. And I love it. I have found over the years, that for most people, it is easier for them to have it split into sections, rather than to be overwhelmed by the huge amount of content in multiple categories, that I create on a daily basis.
- Online Marketing. I try to reach different audiences and customers/clients with each niche. Join me in the one(s) that interest you most. And help spread the word?
- Search Engine Optimization
- It makes it easier for me also to separate in my brain, the many ideas that I have bubbling up on a daily basis. It actually makes it easier for me to manage my own brain! LOL.
Brenda Johima : Writing, Art (and cartoons) and Photography
You will want to follow me here, if you are interested in reading my personal blog, and to view images of my art, cartoons, paintings and photography. Feel free to comment and connect in any of the social media platforms below. I LOVE compliments on my work. It keeps me going as an artist/creative. * You can also purchase almost anything that you see me posting. Just ask and I’ll let you know if it’s available, and how we can make that happen. Shipping is available, of course, almost anywhere in the world, for my creative works. *
twitter: @brendajohima : https://twitter.com/#!/brendajohima
facebook: * https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brenda-Johima/141672479231098?ref=ts ( * facebook custom Short URL coming soon!* )
JOHIMA : Social Media : SEO : Design
You will want to follow my business here if you are interested in receiving (paid) help in setting up your FaceBook page for business, Twitter for business, to learn about LinkedIn, and how you can use it for job search and for business promotion. Also, if you would like to purchase graphic design or web design services (which includes search engine optimization or SEO). And YES! I do provide set up of basic WordPress blogs and WordPress driven websites. *I also do speaking engagements and *NEW for 2011* provide Social Media basics workshops.
* I also post LOTS of free tips *
P.S. Are you afraid of Twitter? Confused by Twitter? I LOVE Twitter. Happy to give you a hand to get started. It’ll be our little secret 🙂 A very powerful business tool and way to connect and network, receive inspiration and positive vibes from fantastic people all day long. I do.
phoDOGraphy : Dog Photography and Puppy Photos
LOVE getting referrals and business in this department. LOVE dogs. LOVE puppies. LOVE photographing dogs and puppies and the human bond. You can purchase photography services and prints here. ** And no, you don’t have to buy anything (although I love referrals) … it’s OK to just want to look at my photos of dogs, because I think they are awesome! **
Happy No Matter What : Hope, Inspiration and Tips for Living 24/7 with Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia
Living with Fibromyalgia and/or Chronic Pain 24/7? I do. I am. I have been, since June of 2000. I have pain and I’m awesome! There is a way to have pain and still be happy. Am I there yet? Some days, yes. Some days, nope. However, my goal here, is to learn how to be Happy No Matter What is going on, pain or no pain. And in the process, on my journey, I seem to be inspiring others who suffer daily, and I LOVE that. Hoping I can offer you hope as well.
Creative Nudge : Creativity Consulting for Business
* Creative Nudge is Sleeping while on a Vacation Right Now 🙂 *