Hey there, I’m @brendajohima on Twitter and after being inspired by Twitter and TweetUps organized by Janis Lacouvee in Victoria and Don Power in Nanaimo as well as by Chris Burdge and Paul Holmes, organizers of the SUPER SUCCESSFUL Social Media Camp Victoria 2010 ( #smcv10 ) … we are having the 1st Comox Valley TweetUp
When? Friday, October 29th, 2010
Time? Right After Work 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Venue? Zocalo Cafe
Where? Courtenay, Comox Valley, Vancouver Island
Location? 208 5th Street, Courtenay (right downtown, Corner of Cliffe Avenue and 5th)
Internet? FREE WiFi (for us digital folks and smart phone users who Tweet Live)
Sign Up Right Here on EventBrite (the event is FREE of charge, but we do want to have an idea of numbers) *beverages may be purchased*
What’s Not Free? Drinks. You will be able to *purchase tea, coffee, and beverages. Also, the Zocalo is a licenced premise serving beer, wine and liquors, which you can purchase at the event.
Now You Ask, What Is A TweetUp?
Put simply, a TweetUp is an event where people who have met on Twitter, or who are communicating on Twitter, meet face to face in person. An informal event, for people who want to take online communications, offline, engaging while building relationships.
Hope to See You There!
Phone: (250) 335 – 1195 if you have questions 🙂
P.S. Door Prizes! (listed in order received)
- One Year Business Listing on the Comox Valley Web Posse Website (compliments of Jamie McCue … Thanks Jamie!) *Please follow @cvwebposse on Twitter
- $20.00 Gift Certificate from Zocalo (compliments of Catherine Bell … Thanks Catherine!) *Please follow @ZocaloCV on Twitter
- One New Business Card Design/Layout (double-sided) by Graphic Designer Brenda Johima (compliments of JOHIMA Designs) *Please follow @brendajohima (that’s ME!) on Twitter
- One Month Unlimited Crossfit Membership (compliments of Titanium Crossfit … Thanks Marc and Malinda!) *Please follow @TitaniumCrossFT on Twitter
- One CD “Tail Lights in the Rain” from singer/songwriter Sue Pyper (compliments of Sue Pyper … Thanks Sue!) *Please follow @suepyper on Twitter
- One Framed Art Print of “Rosewall Creek” (compliments of Comox Valley Visual Artist Marg Selkirk … Thanks Marg!)
- One 30-Minute phoDOGraphy session (includes one 8×10 print) (compliments of Puppy and Dog Photographer Brenda Johima of phoDOGraphy *Please follow @brendajohima on Twitter
- One Gift Certificate for Two-Hours of Personal Branding Consultation (4 x 30-minutes) (compliments of Campbell Duke Personal Branding … Thanks Beth!) *Please follow @CampbellDuke on Twitter
- Sunday Brunch for 2 at the Kingisher Oceanside Resort and Spa (compliments of the Kingfisher … Thanks Wendy Sears! …Director of Sales and Marketing) *Please follow @KingfisherSpa on Twitter
- One $25.00 Gift Certificate (compliments of Carnival Caribbean Cabana … Thanks Wain and Ronnice!) *Please follow @caribbeancabana on Twitter
- $20.00 Value in 2 Movies and Snacks (compliments of Rogers Plus in Courtenay … Thanks Greg!)
- Two $25.00 Gift Cards (compliments of The Wine Cottage in Courtenay (Thanks to Lyle and Pamela Brodie!) *Please follow The Wine Cottage on Twitter
- Four $25.00 Gift Certificates (compliments of the Oh Spa in Courtenay … Thanks Jenny Deters!) *Please follow Oh Spa on Twitter
- $35.00 WorkSafeBC Approved Basic First Aid Kit … AND a Course Code for a Free Online WHMIS course (value $33.00) (compliments of Chantele McPhee and St. John Ambulance) *Please follow Chantele McPhee and St. John’s Ambulance on Twitter
- $30.00 Skullcandy Stereo Headphones (iPhone compatible) (compliments of London Drugs, Courtenay location) *Please follow @LondonDrugs on Twitter
- Lots More On The Way!